Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Six Months


Mya had her half birthday while we were in Utah, and I still can't believe she is six months old! We just love this little girl! She really is such a dream baby, just happy and smiley and slobbery all day. She really doesn't fuss and she is totally low-key and flexible with our busy schedules. She has changed a lot this month and is much more active and quick to move around and grab onto anything. She prefers being on her stomach and rolls over every time she's laid on her back. She's getting better at sitting without help, but we still have to sit next to her because she bucks herself backwards when she gets too excited. Or she lunges for toys and flops onto her belly. She's loves kicking wildly in the bathtub and loves babbling all day...mostly "Da da da da da"
 We just cut out one of her naps, so now she naps from 9:30 am -1 pm and 3 -5 pm. And then she sleeps at night from 9 pm to 8 am. She nurses 4 times a day and has baby food twice a day. She got a little off her routine in Utah and got sick, so she had some fussy times, but now that we're home and back on our normal routine she's back to her smiley self. She doesn't spit up like Brynlee did, but she goes through a lot more diapers and soils a lot more outfits! (Diaper suggestions anyone?? I've been using Pampers Swaddlers like I did with Bryn, but they're not working as well with Mya.)
 Her official 6-month stats:
Height: 2' 4" (98th percentile)
Weight: 18 lbs. 10 oz. (82nd percentile)
Head: 17" (60th percentile)
 She stills seems chubby as ever, but her weight percentile is a lot lower than her other weigh-ins. I hope she doesn't lose her chub anytime soon because we can't get enough of her rolls!
Bryn at 6 months, Mya at 6 months
I love these girls and I really love this 6-month stage!

5 comments:

Margaret Tueller said...

Your girls are darling. So glad we got to see you over the holidays and wedding! Does Mya really sleep that long in the morning? Wow! Hope you are enjoying home and NH again!

Megan said...

She is such a doll! I went through the same thing with diapers...except I used Huggies with Avery and switched to Pampers with Alex. Avery was a much heftier baby than Alex and I heard that Pampers were better for more slender babies. I don't know if it's true in all cases, but it solved the problem for me.

Leah said...

HI Laura! I love reading your blog! Happy Birthday to Bryn!

For diapers, we love Luvs! We get them through Amazon's Subscribe and Save and it is great! If you do want to stick with Pampers just switch from the Swaddlers because they don't have the dry guard (or whatever it is called!). Look for the 'baby dry' variety. Hope you find something that works. :)

Diana Hulme said...

I can't believe how long Mya naps!!! That is amazing! We switched from Swaddlers to Cruisers after a while - maybe you could give those a try? Good luck. :)

Rollins Family said...

Hey Laura,

It is Brianna Rollins. I recommend huggies. I used luvs for Ella but for Jacquelene she was just so much more chubby and they seemed to work better for a chubby baby. I hope you find one that works.