(1) I wasn't prepared with a cute sticker chart, and Bryn just wasn't impressed with my lined sheet of paper taped to the wall. She didn't even want to put her reward stickers on it.
(2) Bribes. I need to buy some. My big reward for her going potty was a chocolate chip. And that obviously didn't cut it.
(3) I only bought a 3-pack of undies and after she wet through her first pair I realized I was going to need more than 3 little pairs.
(4) This is just embarrassing, but I also realized after her accident that I didn't even have enough quarters to use the washers/dryers at our apartment complex. Definitely a problem for potty training days.
(5) And this is what did me in: After she wet her pants I gave her a bubble bath to wash off because she needed to clean off, right? Bad move. Baaaaaaaad move. After she got out of the bath she kept saying "Brynlee want to wet her pants and have another bubble bath!" Great. So now I had given her incentive to wet her pants. Obviously, the bubble bath was far more appealing than a sticker and a chocolate chip.
So I put her diaper back on, took down the potty chart, and ate the rest of the chocolate chips that she didn't use.
I ordered the toilet training book a few of you suggested, and we'll give it a whirl in a few weeks when the memory of today's failed attempt has faded.