Monday, May 16, 2011

Young Women Camping Trip

Last weekend I went camping with these cute girls at San Onofre State Beach, and it was such a blast! We missed some of our older girls and a few leaders, but it was a really fun group!
Our wonderful Camp Director, Kelli (on the left) organized this camp-out and it was such a success! Can't wait for Girl's Camp in June!
I love these girls!
The girls introduced me to "Banana Boats", where you slice a banana in half (lengthwise) fill it with marshmallows and chocolate chips, and then wrap it up in foil and cook it in the fire pit. Yum.
My wonderful counselors, Kristi and Megan. Megan is the camping queen (She had a camping themed bridal shower. No joke). She wowed us with her killer chicken enchiladas in the dutch oven and all of her other outdoorsy skills.
We did a fun hike to the beach on Saturday
And we attempted a four layer pyramid, with no success.
I loved being in the outdoors, going on little hikes, eating yummy food from the dutch oven and campfire, getting to know the other leaders better, and most of all I loved talking and laughing with these cute girls and hearing their sweet testimonies. What a great weekend!

No comments: