Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'

Brynlee learned how to roll a week ago and it's been so funny. When she first learned how to roll, she was doing it nonstop. As soon as I'd unwrap her from her swaddle, she would roll over. And the rolls would continue all day long. I think she was just so excited at her new trick, that she wanted to do it over and over and over. It's cute, but there are a few problems with this new rolling thing. One, she only knows how to roll from her back to her tummy. She tries and tries to roll back onto her back but so far she hasn't figured it out. This means once she gets tired of being on her tummy I have to come flip her back over. I used to be able to lay her on her back and she would play with toys while I got chores done, but now my chores are pretty interupted because every few minutes I have to flip her over. The second problem is that Brynlee is a spitter and rolling all day just contributes to her spitting up. I think she makes herself motion sick with all the constant rolling. So she'll roll, spit up, then grunt until I flip her back over, roll, spit up, then grunt, and so on and so on. This is our pattern for much of the day! Luckily, the thrill of rolling is wearing off a little and she doesn't do it constantly. Only 15-20 times a day, which is far less than a few days ago!

No comments: