Monday, April 6, 2009

Conference Weekend

Josh and I had a great conference weekend. It was so wonderful to hear the testimonies and counsel of the prophets and leaders of our church! Doesn't it always give you such a great resolve to be better and improve? I love that feeling! Conference did make me miss my family, though. Josh and I used to get together with my family or his and watch the sessions together, so we thought of them as we watched conference alone in our little apartment. But it was still a great weekend. We don't have TV, so we were a little worried about how we would watch it, but we got it crystal clear on the internet.
My dad was released during the Sat afternoon conference session after serving on the Young Men General Board for the past four years. I love and admire my dad so much, and am so grateful for the faithful church service he has given. I am grateful for his example of putting the Lord first and being willing to serve in whatever capacity he is called upon to do. I couldn't ask for a greater father.

The only solo pictures I have of him are so funny. My family will have an idea of what I'm talking about. I was so tempted to include one of the other pictures in this post, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I opted for a cute picture of he and my equally amazing mom.

No comments: