Thursday, October 8, 2009

One of Those Days

I knew it was going to be a hard day of self control when I remembered there were two half-eaten Marie Callenders pies in our fridge. (We usually only keep one Marie Callenders pie on hand at all times. Ha ha).
Then when Josh asked me to make cookies for his Home Teaching families, I really knew it was going to be a hard day of self control.
But when my neighbor dropped off a warm pumpkin chocolate muffin (yes, I ate half of it before I could take a picture), then I just gave up.
I may or may not have had the muffin, a few hefty chunks of cookie dough, three or four hot cookies, and a bite (or two) of each pie. And then I strapped Brynlee in her stroller and went on a very, very lengthy walk. Just for the fresh air, of course.

4 comments:

McKenzie said...

Ha. That's how I felt yesterday. Three (huge) delicious, chewy, homemade chocolate chip cookies and ice cream at cold stone with my cousins... I know those days. But today has been a little better, so there is always tomorrow. :)

Jae said...

Baby wants, baby gets.

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Mmm that was like seriously my favorite post..those cookies looked really good! Way to let your self have a splurge day!

Hema and Becky said...

Yum!! Sounds like a great day to me!