Sunday, March 27, 2016

NYC Girls Trip


I had the best time in NYC with two of my very favorite people. Kristi and Megan were my counselors when I was a Young Women president in California a few years ago. I loved serving with these amazing women and they became some of my very closest friends. They're the best of the best! Kristi is moving back east soon and came out to Connecticut a few weeks ago to find housing for her family. She decided to bring Megan with her and to tack on a few days in NYC to the end of her house-hunting trip. I was so thrilled to join them in NYC! It was so, so good to catch up! 
All three of us have spent time in NYC doing the touristy stuff, so this trip was pretty low-key, just lots of walking around the city, talking, laughing, and taking advantage of all the good food in NYC :)
Walking through Central Park, burning off our Shake Shack lunch!
We went to the Manhatten temple and it was so neat to do temple work and to sit in the gorgeous celestial room together. It brought back memories of doing temple trips with our old young women!
That first night we had delicious pizza at Patsy's on the Upper West Side.
 Followed by dessert at Amy's Bread. Yum.
 The next morning we began our day in the chilly line at the TKTS booth in Time Square. It was worth the wait because we scored wonderful seats to Finding Neverland for 50% off. Afterwards, we warmed up with brunch at Sarabeth's and it was so, so good. 
(I've since heard that the lemon ricotta pancakes at Sarabeth's are amazing, so I am dying to go back and try them out). 
 We did a bit of shopping after brunch and then headed to the Lunt-Fontanne Theater for the broadway musical Finding Neverland. I loved it! It was a really fun show with great music. The main actor Tony Yazbeck was excellent. He really sold the show for me. And the 7th row tickets were the closest I've ever been for a broadway show, so that was a plus!
 Getting some NYC treats at the M&M store for Megan's kids. 
We had fun walking around Eataly and getting dinner at one of the restaurants. 
 I loved my pasta: housemade ravioli with spinach and ricotta, in a lemon butter and pistachio sauce. So good! This was actually my first trip to Eataly and I thought it was such a fun atmosphere with delicious food. 
The very best hot chocolate ever at City Bakery. It's so rich and creamy that all you need is the "shot glass" size. 
Kristi and Megan stayed through Sunday, but I took the 10 pm train back to New Jersey on Saturday night after two wonderful days in New York. Oh, I love these ladies so much! They are such good women, such good moms, such good friends. I felt so recharged and inspired after 48 hours with them.
P.S. Yes, Josh is amazing to happily take a day off of work and watch the kids Friday and Saturday. Even when Mya and Bryn got a 24-hour food poisoning spell while I was gone. Oh boy! Husband of the year!

No comments: