Monday, April 8, 2013

General Conference

We had a wonderful weekend watching General Conference on Saturday and Sunday. I'll be honest, it's been a long winter for me and I needed a good pick-me-up. Of course, conference did just that. I heard so many motivating messages that strengthened by faith and inspired me to be a better wife, mother, and friend.
 Posing with Elder Bednar.....always a favorite speaker. Kind of like posing with a celebrity, but cooler.
Keeping Bryn quiet for 8 hours of conference used to be difficult when she was younger, but I was surprised at how easy it was to keep her interested this time around. I had printed out a few General Conference coloring sheets from the church website and those kept her busy for most of it. We also did a few other conference activities to keep her interested.
I had a poster of the current church leaders and she had to find each speaker on the poster and put a sticker on them. We did this in October, too, but she used Halloween stickers and it got a little bad when she started putting skeleton and vampire stickers on the apostles. This time I gave her nice, girly stickers, but somehow she found those same Halloween stickers again and I looked down to see President Eyring as a witch and Elder Ballard as a Jack-o-Lantern on a stick. Oops. 
I also just noticed Elder Scott's sticker says "You're the Cat's Meow"......I think I'll use generic star stickers next time :)
She also colored the ties of each of the apostles when they spoke. This was really fun! I don't think President Monson really wore a pink tie, though, so I think she must have taken a little creative liberty.
 General Conference used to be a time when Josh and I would get together with our families, but since we live across the country from family we were happy to get together with some of our church friends for brunch on Sunday morning. Sometimes the kids get wound up when we have big get-togethers, so this time Josh took matters into his own hands and started some games with them. It was so funny....all the sudden we looked over and Josh had gotten all the kids in a quiet circle and was leading them in duck-duck-goose. Ha ha!
 Then he and Brent led them into one of the study rooms in the clubhouse and they started playing pictionary. I think Josh was having even more fun than the kids. I don't know why it was so funny to me. I think his dream calling at church is Primary President, but I don't know if that will ever happen :)
Let's end with a few shots of Mya because she looked pretty cute watching conference!

2 comments:

Karen said...

We love Conference weekend, too. Your brunch with friends sounds fun. Our kids get wound up at the church when we get together. Josh is so great to keep them occupied! I love Bryn's coloring of the ties. She did awesome. I've tried to have my boys do that before and they only did a couple ties.

Unknown said...

I think even Michelle looks pretty interested in that game of pictionary! Thank heavens for those two men taking care of kiddos so that we could all spend some extra time gabbing :)