Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Making Bread

Lately, things have been busier than ever (yikes!), but tonight my to-do list was put on hold and my apartment was filled with these beautiful, smiling ladies! I taught the young women how to make yummy wheat bread and it was a blast....at least to me! (We used my Mom's Bread Recipe, which can be found HERE).
Of course, today was the HOTTEST day in weeks, so my apartment got so warm with all the added bodies and the oven heat! The "ocean breeze" wasn't cutting it :)
Renee prepping the pans
Sarah, Elizabeth, and Morgan mixing the 2nd batch of dough
Suzy and Elizabeth hard at work
Morgan getting all her frustrations out with the kneading
Our eight finished loaves! The loaf on the bottom left is my favorite! :)
We ate the first batch, and then the second batch will be used for the Sacrament bread at church on Sunday. While the bread was baking we worked on Personal Progress Faith experience #4 that talks about the Sacrament.
I love these girls! Fun night!

2 comments:

Margaret Tueller said...

What a great activity! I may have to steal this idea!

Karen said...

Looks like a wonderful activity. Our Activity Day girls are making some bread for sacrament soon, too! What a great idea.