Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

 My first Mother's Day as a mom of two!
As I type this, I can hear Bryn and Mya giggling in the next room over and I can't think of any sweeter sound. They're supposed to be going to bed, but lately they've been having little giggle fests every night before bed. I used to try to calm them down and give them a speech about quietly going to bed, but now I just let them laugh it out until they fall asleep on their own. I love these two girls so much and am so grateful to be their mother. 
 It's been a wonderful Mother's Day, complete with breakfast in bed, six(!) handmade Mother's Day cards from Brynlee (they just kept coming!), a few sweet gifts from Josh, and lots of fun family time. Bryn was so over-the-top sweet today that I couldn't help but laugh. All day she kept giving me tight embraces and dramatically expressing her love for me. She kept leaving her seat in primary, giving me big hugs, and whispering things like "I love you, Mother! You are important and beautiful and special to me!" She also presented me all day with random toys and food items, wrapped up in blankets, and offered as Mother's Day gifts. She really went all out and it was so funny.
This is my first Mother's Day with this little fuzzy-haired chubba! Last year at this time I was in my 3rd trimester of a rocky, high-risk pregnancy, just praying with all my heart the little babe inside of me would be unaffected by the pregnancy complications. My heart is so full every time I look at this healthy little girl, and I'm so glad she's a part of our family. I am grateful every day for my two sweet, healthy girls and the chance I have to be their mom. 

2 comments:

Emily C said...

you are such a cute and funny mom. happy mothers day! and i love your outfit!!! looks so effortless and chic.

Karen said...

What a beautiful mom and two beautiful girls! I love your Bryn. "You are important and special to me"? AMAZING! How does a 4 1/2 year old up with that? She has a wonderful mentor in you. Your girls are lucky to have you.