Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Special Date

My sister-in-law Marilee told me about the cutest tradition she does with her kids, so I had to copy! Each of her kids gets to go on a "date" with their Dad for their birthday. They go to the bookstore and get to pick out a new book each year. Brynlee's birthday was 5 weeks ago, but it's been a crazy time for our little family, so Bryn and Josh just barely went on their little date tonight. It doesn't help that Bryn's birthday is Dec 30th, right in the middle of the holiday craziness. Bryn had been looking forward to her "Special date with Dad" and was so excited about it today. She kept saying "Time for special date with Dad? Bryn get to buy one new book! Mom can't come. Only Bryn and Dad. Dad coming home from work now?" Anyway, she had a blast and they were gone for so long! Ha ha. I loved picturing them on their little date. All day she said she was going to pick out a mermaid book, but she ended up choosing The Little Red Hen. They were going to get a treat afterwards, but Bryn fell right asleep in the car. Too much fun for one night! So cute! Thanks for the idea Mar!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this. Definitely need to incorporate this when I have older babies!!

{autie} said...

looove that idea! Can we copy your sis, too?!?

Meghan said...

What a great idea! I love it! I bet she had a blast :)

whitney johnson said...

that is such a cute idea and that picture of bryn fast asleep is priceless. so adorable!

Jonathan and Kiri said...

What a darling tradition! I love this and want to adopt this when we start our family. Daddy daughter dates are the greatest!

clarke fam said...

So sweet lar. I love looking at the collections of books over the years that the kids have picked out!!