Tuesday, July 22, 2008

California Trip

What a wonderful weekend!!! I am soo glad I got to visit Josh, even though it was only a quick trip. We had the best time together.



I flew in to California Friday evening, right in time for dinner. Josh and I went to Duke's Grill, which is right on the shore of Huntington Beach. I had been there with my family two years ago and loved it, so I hoped it would be as good this time. I was not disappointed! I got the Shrimp and Crap Louie. It's a yummy salad with fresh crab meat and shrimp, avacado, mango, tomato. It is so light and delicious. YUM! The picture does not do it any justice. It's the best. And Josh was more than satisfied with his pineapple BBQ hamburger. Basically, we love Duke's. It was a great start to a wonderful weekend.

Saturday morning we were able to do a session at the Newport Beach Temple. I hadn't done a temple session with Josh for a month and a half, so it was so great. This temple is absolutely beautiful. Wow. What a treat. It was a great morning.
After the temple we grabbed a quick lunch at one of Josh's favorite places: Wahoo's. It has really yummy blackened fish tacos. We spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out at the beach. It was a great, relaxing day for Josh and I. Normally I like to have a set schedule for the day, but it was so nice just talking and hanging out without a plan. We ended the evening with a nice dinner near the beach and beautiful walk out on the pier and along the beach. What a perfect night. It was a step up from our normal walks in Provo!

After church on Sunday, Josh and I made a great Sunday meal. It was so fun because I haven't really cooked while Josh has been away. We made chicken in the crock-pot with mashed potatoes - one of Josh's favorite Sunday meals. He was a very happy husband!


The last highlight of the trip was haning out at a few beautiful look-out spots along the coast. I think our favorite was a beautiful spot on the coast of Laguna Beach. What a beautiful place! Wow. We got to this spot in perfect time to watch the sun setting. It was a perfect trip! I wish it could have been longer, but I'll take whatever I can get! Josh has five more weeks and then he'll be home for good. Yay! I can't wait.

No comments: