Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Tate: 2 Months Old


Time flies! I can't believe Tate hit his two-month mark on January 11th.
I have loved this age with all my babies because they are finally smiling and coo-ing and sleeping well at night. I love to look back on these monthly baby updates to help with my next baby, so here is a bit about Tate so that I'll remember...
 Tate is in a really good routine and he's pretty predictable. He nurses at 6:30, 10:00, 1:00, 4:00, 7:00, and 10:00. (He dropped his 7th feeding around 6-7 weeks?) He is a speedy eater like his sisters, so it only takes him 10 minutes each time he nurses. He is usually awake for 60-90 minutes after each feeding and then he goes down for a nap. He is sometimes a light napper if the girls are being noisy and we have to give him his pacifier mid-nap to help him go back to sleep. At night he goes to bed around 10-10:30 and then sleeps til 6:30. We usually don't hear a peep out of him at night, but he has an occasional night wear he wakes up earlier than 6:30 and we have to give him his pacifier or burp him and then put him back down.
 This is the face Tate makes when his belly hurts. He has a pretty sensitive stomach and it was worse this month than his first month. He spits up tons and gets fussy when I eat dairy. I've been avoiding dairy and that has helped, but he still deals with the spit up, and painful air bubbles in his belly. It's so sad when he's sore! The pediatrician thinks it's just something Tate will grow out of sometime this year. But we're getting used to it and figuring out how to relieve his discomfort with lots of burping, keeping him propped up, being careful with my diet. etc. It seems like he spits up everything he eats, but apparently not because he's gaining weight really well. He weighs 13 lbs 3 oz (80th percentile) and is 25.5 inches long (97th percentile). 
Tate has the cutest open-mouth smiles and loves to "talk" to us with his little sounds. It's the best. Mya is pretty good and getting smiles out of him, and Bryn is the expert at getting him to "talk".
Here are Bryn, Mya, and Tate at 2 months. 
(I want to squeeze Mya's leg rolls in that picture!!)

2 comments:

Diana Hulme said...

I'm so happy for you that he sleeps 8 hours straight! Wow what a blessing. Such a cutie!!!

Meghan said...

He's so cute! He looks a lot like Bryn! My now-14-month-old had dairy issues as well. It's really hard, but worth the reward - a happy baby :) We are still off all dairy right now, but are hoping to start it very very soon! I have learned to LOVE coconut milk (we have made ice cream with it too!) and the Daiya fake cheese (expensive though!). It got me through the tough times when I just wanted some cheese :) Also, coconut milk greek-style yogurt is good too! Good luck!!