Monday, September 12, 2011

New Little Painting

I just did a small (8" x 10") painting of my in-laws rural neighborhood in Spanish Fork, Utah. I love the beautiful, open landscape of their home, and I've been wanting to paint it for a while. This is the view when you're sitting on the porch, looking to the left.
Confession: The original painting was larger and it included some of my mother-in-law's beautiful garden. But the garden part of the painting looked really bad, so I just cut off the bottom and made it into an 8" x 10" painting! Ha. I'll have to do a second attempt to include the garden!

9 comments:

Emily Curfew said...

Gorgeous! I wish I could paint like you! :-)

McKenzie said...

You are so incredibly talented. I'm incredibly envious. Great job.

The Colemans said...

I love it! I need a painting of yours to add to my art collection Laura.

whitney johnson said...

love love love it! i wish i knew how to paint with watercolor! :)

Alli said...

I can't even tell you how much I love that.

Nate and Julie said...

Love that view. Love the painting. Nice work.

Jessica F. said...

You are so amazing!

The Pixton Family said...

LOVE it!

Diana Hulme said...

BEAUTIFUL, as always. And I love your gallery wall! You are so creative. :)