Thursday, October 23, 2014

A Day at the Met

Josh was so nice to babysit the girls a few Saturdays ago and let me have a fun day in New York City on my own. I spent most of my day at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, which was just as wonderful (and huge!) as I remembered it. Here are a few favorites...
Velazquez
Rembrandt
Rembrandt
I love these huge portraits by Thomas Eakins and John Singer Sargent
More from Sargent
Degas
"The Harvesters" by Pieter Bruegel 
"Flight into Egypt" by Henry Ossawa Tanner (I've never even heard of this artist before, but I loved this painting!)
The one on the right is a Rockwell Kent painting
 Vermeer (one of my favorites!) and John H. Twachtman

 Van Gogh
 
 Cezanne (his still lifes are always so good) and Gauguin
 I loved this one from John. H. Twachtman
 Picasso
William Baziotes and Picasso

 Andre Derain and Chuck Close

 Picasso and Manierre Dawson
"Self Portrait - Looking at the Last Supper" by Marisol
Klimt and Monet
Manet and Ingres
The Met is such a fabulous art collection ...and I only saw a fraction of the galleries. It's always so good for my soul to be surrounded by such great art. I feel lucky to be living back east, so close to such great art collections. Thanks to Josh for letting me have a fun outing into NYC!

No comments: