Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Fieldtrip to Vermont

 Last week we had a fun evening in Vermont, checking out some spots in Quechee and Woodstock that we have been wanting to see. First up:
VERMONT INSTITUTE OF NATURAL SCIENCE 
(Thank you to our library for the free family pass!)
There were lots of falcons, osprey, owls, and other birds, but our favorite was the two bald eagles. It was awesome to get so close to them! This picture was taken from just a few feet away, without zooming in at all. 
 My three favorite people! 


 There were also turtles, snakes, frogs, toads, fish, etc.

 After the science center we headed to Quechee for the: 
THE VERMONT ANTIQUE MALL
I am not into antique-ing so we didn't buy anything, but we had fun looking around and finding cool, old things. It was huge! My mother in law would have been in heaven!!
 My mother in law and sister in law Jess (who both collect Fiesta ware) would have loved this booth :) 
 This pic is for you, Jess :)
Then we went next door to:
THE CABOT STORE
 We sampled lots of yummy cheeses and Vermont maple syrups. Yum.
 Lastly:
THE VERMONT TOY MUSEUM
 The toy museum was kind of cool, kind of creepy. Such a quirky place! There were collections of toys from each decade and it was funny to spot toys that Josh and I grew up with or toys we had seen at our grandparent's houses. 
 Josh showing Bryn the ninja turtles, reliving his glory days :)
 Mya and Bryn loved all the pez dispensers
Lots of strange old Barbies and G.I. Joes
 Lambchops! Josh had no idea why I gasped when I saw this puppet, but I used to watch that Lambchops show with my siblings long ago. Kind of a weird show now that I think about it!
We ended the night with dinner at Worthy Kitchen in Woodstock...yum!
Thanks for a good time, Vermont!

3 comments:

Alli said...

We watched lambchops too! haha

Nate and Julie said...

Yep, I was a Lambchop fan as well. The puppet is kinda cute, but I guess the show was a little weird.

Robyn said...

So fun! I loved Lambchops as well.