Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Latest

It's been a bit of a roller-coaster week....
LOW: My parked car got scratched and dented by another car backing out. The cute, little lady who hit me can barely speak English, so it's been super fun trying to communicate and get the details worked out with her insurance company and the body shop. Now she thinks the scratch was from her, but not the dent. Ahhhhh.....so fun.
HIGH: After almost 2 months of waiting, Josh found out he PASSED level 2 of the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) Exam!!! I'm so proud of all his hard work and preparation! Woot woot! The CFA exams are only given once a year, so next year he'll take level 3 and hopefully be done!
LOW: We had miscarriage number four. I'm hoping four is my max because it's kind of getting old :) And returning un-worn maternity clothes is definitely not as fun as buying it. Oh goodness.
HIGH: This is the best news of all. We're heading to Utah for the Hawkins family reunion, and a few days with my family. I can't wait to see my fam and Bryn is going nuts, sooo excited to play with her grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. The picture above is from our last Hawkins Reunion 2 years ago. Bryn is tiny!

9 comments:

Rollins Family said...

I am sorry Laura. You really are an incredible person. You are so strong and we will hope and pray you will be blessed and strengthened!

Hailey Te'o said...

Laura, you are pretty incredible to keep your head up through everything. Hope this is the end of it too and that everything is uphill from here. Have fun at the reunion! We missed you guys over the weekend, but have so much fun this one!

Karen said...

You deserve a grand old time with family! Have fun! I'm so glad you can be with them. It just is the best and it's so nice that Bryn knows what a good time she's going to have. That must make you feel good that despite the distance she knows and loves her extended family.

So sorry to hear the new of your loss. I hope your recovery (in all aspects) goes well.

Congratulations to Josh on passing his exam. That's wonderful!

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost another one. I hope 4 is my max too. It really does get super old after a while. Do they know what is causing yours? You deserve to spend time with your family and I hope you keep up the 10 days of eating whatever you want tradition :) Good luck with everything.

Kristy said...

I sorry to hear that Laura! You are so awesome and I know the Lord has amazing plans for you!

Stephanie said...

Laura- I LOVE YOU. I am glad we are family. You are a great example to all and well, I just love you and wanted you to know. Wish I could hang out everyday. Keep being wonderful you.

JS said...

Laura! I am so sad for you right now. I am thinking about you! Wish I could be there to give you a hug.

Becky said...

I just thought I'd let you know that you inspire me and so does Bryn (and Josh too, passing exams and all).

My 4 Gooches said...

Oh Laura. I'm so sorry. I just miscarried 3 weeks ago and it is devastating, frustrating, and painful. I can't imagine how much more frustrated you are than I am. Shoot! You're such a strong girl and you'll get through this, though. Hang in there! I'll be thinking about you and you'll be in my prayers (other people's prayers are what has been carrying me). Love you!