Thursday, April 24, 2008

Lots of New Recipes

So...this semester I was so much better at spreading out my work load and not putting it all off until the week of finals. My finals week really wasn't too bad. What did I do with my extra time? Go on a baking spree and try out several new recipes. The first was honey wheat rolls....soo good! My mom told me they would take 2.5 hours from start to finish. I'm definitely an amatuer because it took me 4 hours! Next time I think I can do it in 3, now that I've figured them out.

The next new recipe was cinnamon french toast from the Better Homes cook book. Yum! Josh and I used wheat bread instead of white and cut out the orange liqeur. It was delicious....we ate all the slices before any pictures could be taken. I also did a turkey that evening, which was equally as good! We had Jordan and Andrew (a friend in our ward who was wife-less for the weekend) over for dinner. (Note: the "turkey" was not a full size Thanksgiving turkey. It was just the little Jennie-O smaller kind. I'm not that good).

Sorry, just two more: Turkey Pot Pie! This was probably the best new recipe of the lot! I used my mom's simple pie crust and it was so so good! The picture does not do this justice. It had yummy turkey and vegetables inside. I'm making this recipe again probably next week. We couldn't get enough of it!

And the grand finale....Josh and I both finished our finals late Tuesday night around 11:00 pm. We were so glad to be done that we figured we needed to celebrate! I tried out a family recipe of Ginger Snap Cookies and they were so good! I ate 5 or 6 of them (at 11:30 pm) then hopped right into bed. Who starts a batch of cookies at 11:00 pm!? I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, but under the circumstances it was unavoidable! Who can resist homemade cookies, fresh out of the oven? Not me -- even at 11:30 pm!


The downside to doing this much cooking? DISHES. I'm so much better at making the mess, then cleaning it all up!

No comments: