Thursday, June 12, 2014

Canoeing and Mt. Gile

 On the second day my family was here we went canoeing on the Connecticut River and hiked to Mount Gile - two of our favorite activities nearby. 
 This will probably only be funny to me and my mom :) Jordan and Logan were reenacting a cheesy scene from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and it was cracking us up. My favorite part of having my family here was laughing with them!
 It was the perfect day to be out on the river. I will miss this!

 In a shallow part of the river we spotted a snapping turtle - something we'd never seen in the Connecticut River before. 
 Totally dangerous, but of course the boys had to pick it up for a few pictures. It was a feisty little guy, thrashing around, whipping it's tail about, and chomping it's big mouth!
 Hiking Mt. Gile


 It was really windy at the top of the tower and tricky to get a good picture, but this was our best attempt.
Fun day with some of our favorite people at a few of our very favorite spots!

No comments: