Monday, January 6, 2014

Bryn's Princess Party


I've never thrown a birthday party for Bryn before (December 30th is tricky timing for a birthday!), but this year Bryn had her first one! As per her request, it was a "Purple and Pink Princess Tea Party" ...I love being a mom to girls :) 
 I had tons of pink and purple felt already, so I made a bunch of felt princess crowns in lieu of party hats.
I also made some simple princess wands with felt, ribbon, and spray painted wooden dowels. 
Bryn pointed out that fairies - not princesses - have wands, but we just kind of went with it :)
 The decorations were pretty simple with balloons, crate paper, etc. But the night before the party I got out my cardstock and added this banner and paper flowers. It was a good way to fill my big empty wall!
 I also made some simple garland for the kitchen with the same colored cardstock paper. I just punched circles and then sewed through them.
Here's the kitchen set-up. It was pink and purple overload!
But Bryn went nuts for all the pink and purple :)
 One quick shot of Bryn and Mya before the guests arrived
When the guests arrived they used stickers, crayons, and markers to decorate their "princess name card" for the table.
Once everyone arrived we did our first game: "Pin the Jewel on the Crown"
The bedazzled crown
After that the girls each got a little cups of beads and string and they made princess necklaces.
We had beads spilling all over the place, but finally we thought to tape one end of the string to the table and then it worked much better!
The girls also got another little cup of beads and a stick of pipe cleaner (is that what it's called?) to make a bracelet. 
 We had pink lemonade and lots of pink-ish snacks
 Josh (a.k.a. the Party Master) did an impromptu game of Disney Trivia and the girls got so into it. It was really funny. (That's what the above picture is of).
We played a "Floating Lanterns" game where they had to keep the balloons up in the air. 
We also played a "Find the Princess" game that I don't have pictures of.
 Mya stood back and watched, and was very well entertained by all the chaos.
 Opening presents
 Such a fun group of girls! Bryn is lucky to have such cute little friends.
Planning a party takes more work than I realized(!!) but the party was such a fun time. Josh and I are still laughing about all the cute/funny moments. And best of all, Brynlee was completely thrilled about the whole thing. Love you, princess Bryn!

No comments: