Monday, March 14, 2011

Spiegel im Spiegel

After each of my miscarriages my doctor has given me the same pep talk: that I will grieve for 6 weeks and then I'll be feeling back to normal physically and emotionally. Well, It's been 6 six weeks now and my doctor's promise of feeling back-to-normal simply has not come to pass, so I think I'll call him and ask for a refund of all my co-payments. Ha. Even though I didn't expect to be over it by 6 weeks, I'm still going to hold him accountable for that broken promise. :)
In the meantime, I'll keep listening to Arvo Part's "Spiegel im Spiegel" over and over. If you haven't listened to it, you must. It's one of my very favorites, especially lately. It is beautiful.
That's all.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Laura,

I'm so sorry for your losses. I think it's hard to have a time limit on grief. December 15th, 2006 was my due date. April 18th, 2006 is the day I started bleeding. I will always remember. You will always remember your babies. It's what mothers (and fathers do). I was so sad when I called my parents to tell them that I was losing the baby and my dad was so sweet to tell me that he and my mom had been through what Kevin and I were going through. It is significant to me that he remembers the babies they lost. I hope the peace and comfort continues to lift you up and know that you are allowed to grieve even past six weeks.

.From Her. said...

Six weeks?? That is absurd.

I'm still not "back to normal". My first miscarriage was almost six years ago... There is no normal when you walk that line. Sorry to break it to the doctor.

I love you! I love you, I love you!! I am cheering you on. Every day.

Diana Hulme said...

love you, lar. this is a beautiful song, too - thanks for sharing.

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

Ok ok...that doctor may know how to deliver a baby but obviously has no stinkin idea what he is talking about in regards to emotions! It's not something you will ever get over mister! ;) You should demand your $ back he he he you're amazing...keep on going and things will happen! we love you!

Kimmie said...

Laura,

Okay I now have to come out and say that I just love you. I have been reading your blog for a long while now because I just think you are adorable. I've never had a miscarriage, but my heart goes out to you. I appreciate your honesty and your purity. I really enjoy your gusto and your silly Bryn. She reminds me of a silly baby of my own. Keep your chin up and do call your Dr for a refund. :)


Kim Harmon Evans, Jay's friend.